My sister is not allowed to have Slim Jim meat snacks during the weekdays. She can only have them on the weekends. This is my dad's rule.




Monday, April 5, 2010

Sister Slim Jim has been on her BEST behavior lately, because she was grounded for Spring Break.

The screen from her window was off, so my dad thought she was sneaking out. I'd like to think she was sneaking out to get Slims during the week. And I don't mean cigarettes.

Something to report, however, was that my family and I went out to eat for Easter Sunday. We went to  a Mexican style sit-down restaurant. Sister Slim Jim was looking at the menu patiently while we waited for our table, she was very concerned about what she was going to order. Turning over a new leaf, perhaps?

Then...Sister Slim Jim found out there was no menu service and that there was only a BUFFET!

SSJ: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A BUFFET!!!!!!!!!!!!! GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!
dad: What's wrong with a buffet?
SSJ: (angry stare) don't even TRY to make me mad today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister Slim Jim sulked for awhile. I wondered why she does not like the buffet. It seems like something she would cherish. She likes hometown buffet a great deal, why not this buffet? I guess that, over time, people change.

To this day, the reason why Sister Slim Jim despises the buffet is still unknown.

Do not get me wrong. My sister and I get along GREAT sometimes! We had some excellent conversations about:

1.) colored contacts. Sister Slim Jim does not like her brown eyes. She wants BLUE eyes. She asked me where to get colored contacts. Sister Slim Jim's friends get their contacts at the 99 cent store and TRADE THEM with their friends when they are bored. I told Sister Slim Jim to go to a reputable eye center to get her colored contacts, but seeing as she has BLUE EYES in some of her myspace pictures, I don't think she will take my advice.

2.) Sister Slim Jim's real (legal) name. She does not like it. She wants to change it to DANIELLE. She thinks that sounds hotter.

3.) Beagles. Sister Slim Jim wanted a Beagle when she was 7 but she got a Chihuahua instead, which she gave to my mom. Chihuahua loves my mom and not Sister Slim Jim. (Hmmm.) Sister Slim Jim interrupted our conversation about Beagles to scold my dad for not getting her a Beagle.

4.) "all-nighters." Sister Slim Jim stayed up all night one night during her spring break. She likes to emphasize the word "ALL." "ALL-nighters." She keeps talking about how she "PULLED an ALL-nighter." Doing what? Working on an important project? Playing a musical instrument? No, absolutely not. However, she made it sound like she was up all night composing a masterpiece or disproving an astronomical theory.

So, nothing too exciting, but Slim Jim Sister events nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment